Backend Software Developer
Do you want to build the next big thing in tech? Data now enhances every service and product we use in our daily lives to make them more useful and tailored to our needs. But as the volume of data grows, it’s getting more difficult for analysts and engineers to process it with current technology at the required speed and scale. NeuroBlade is redefining analytics processing through a comprehensive solution designed to accelerate queries and allow everyone to take advantage of data-driven insights.
As NeuroBlade enters its next phase of growth, we are seeking a Backend Software Developer who will take part in the design, development, and maintenance of Data Analytics solutions. We are looking for engineers who are self-motivated, open-minded, and are willing to have responsibility throughout all the development phases.
At NeuroBlade, friendship, trust, transparency, and respect come first. We work together and appreciate each other's qualities and differences without regard to hierarchy, experience, or skill. The time we spend together is invaluable. Aiming high, constantly learning, seeking feedback, and adapting to changing situations are key values for us. We encourage our team to act and make bold decisions while embracing new ideas and approaches, exploring, and taking risks. With us, you can be yourself, do the work you love, and make your mark on this incredible journey.
- Design and develop NeuroBlade’s analytics engine, a high-level software that uses NeuroBlade software stack to program and optimize analytic queries over a unique hardware
- Analyze and solve complex problems from the fields of modern databases and distributed computation systems
- Utilize cutting-edge technology and make it accessible for users
- Work with the open-source community
- BSC degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field
- At least 5 years of Java / C++ hands-on programing experience as a Backend Developer
- Experience in developing distributed / multithreaded / parallel engines for data analytics such as Spark, Presto, Dremio, Trino etc.
- Experience with large object-oriented projects
- Experience with solving optimization problems
- Strong understanding of design patterns, best practices, and coding standards
- Excellent abstraction and analytical skills
- Experience with at least one of the following C++ libraries / tools: Apache Arrow, Boost, folly, Gtest, Velox, Cmake
- Experience with Java frameworks / tools: Spring Boot, Maven
- Experience with JNI
- Experience with data analytics methods
- Contributing to Open source projects
- Technically fluent in multiple programming languages
- Understanding of computer architecture
- Experience with ETL processes
NeuroBlade is reinventing infrastructure for data analytics by setting a new standard for query processing speed and scale. Founded in 2018 and led by veterans of the systems, storage, and data analytics industries, NeuroBlade has reinvented the SPU™, SQL Processing Unit, design with its proven Compute for Analytics approach, built to maximize throughput at petabyte-scale so that queries can run multiple orders of magnitude faster. NeuroBlade is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel, and Palo Alto, California.
NeuroBlade is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, on the basis of disability, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.