- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Cloud Infrastructure
- Post Date: 06/02/2021
- Website: rapidapi.com
- Company Address: San Francisco
About RapidAPIRapidAPI is the world’s largest API marketplace where over half a million developers find and connect to thousands of public APIs. Rapid API allows developers to easily discover, evaluate, integrate with any API and reduce development cost and create a more stable, efficient, in addition to a scalable development process
RapidAPI is the world’s largest API Marketplace serving the fastest-growing community of developers which is currently over two million strong and still growing, by helping them discover, connect to, and manage over 20,000 APIs. RapidAPI also has an enterprise platform - the RapidAPI Enterprise Hub - which companies use as a central repository for all of their engineering teams to manage, share, and collaborate on their APIs and Microservices. The RapidAPI Enterprise Hub is used by dozens of Fortune 500 Companies, tying into their critical integration and digital transformation initiatives (some names of logos here would be very good).
RapidAPI’s engineering team is built of full-stack “squads” - each squad has complete ownership over a product - backend, frontend, infrastructure, database, and everything else. Every squad also has a product manager - who together with the team lead determines the roadmap and engineering plan. This role will include managing a team of engineers and having full responsibility for a product. You’ll be in charge of hiring engineers for your team, managing day to day execution, and planning with your PM.
RapidAPI is built on a modern technology stack: React, NodeJS, MySQL, and AWS cloud services (this is the current state - as a team lead, you will have the liberty to make decisions outside this scope). We are facing numerous challenges on the technology side: serving our web platform to 2M developers every month, processing billions of API calls daily, issuing hundreds of thousands of API usage invoices, and running our platform as an enterprise deployment for Fortune 500 companies around the globe.
During these challenging times, RapidAPI is continuing to grow our company. Although we have adjusted the way we work, we continue to push the boundaries of the API development landscape with new initiatives that will continue to reimagine how teams collaborate and work to grow and refine their businesses. Located in the SOMA district, RapidAPI was Founded by Iddo Gino in 2015 and has since raised $62.5M from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Grove Ventures, and Microsoft Ventures. It has offices in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, with a satellite presence in New York, Tokyo, and Estonia.
You’ll own a full-stack engineering team, and have full responsibility for managing the people in the team and the work plan. You’ll work closely with your PM counterpart to understand and prioritize the product roadmap and report to company management on the development plan.
You’ll also be responsible for making technology decisions in your team, on which you will collaborate with the company’s CTO.
This is a brand new team we are establishing in the company that will be responsible for one of the core pieces of our platform. As such, much of your initial work will center around hiring strong individuals and building a capable engineering team.
We are looking for a talented techie with a passion for hands-on development who has experience managing a team of strong developers and looks to expand his leadership skills.
- Communicate directly with the team’s product manager to understand upcoming tasks and determine a development roadmap based on the team’s capacity.
- Hire strong developers into the team and onboard them.
- Manage the weekly execution of tasks in the team and oversee delivery timelines and quality.
- Determine long-term technology objectives and status of tech-debt, and work with the team to upgrade the technological level of the product.
- Be closely familiar with the code base of the product, and be able to code review and make detailed technology and architecture decisions.
- Be in charge of software quality, with specific emphasis on testing automation.
- Be in charge of setting up monitoring and alarms to monitor live production software.
- At least 5 years of hands-on development experience.
- Experience deploying and scaling products on cloud infrastructure (AWS / Azure / GCP).
- Experience working on a SaaS product with continuous feature release and live production customers.
- Experience managing a development team.
- Experience in an architect / CTO / tech-lead role is a plus.