- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Cloud Infrastructure
- Post Date: 02/19/2021
- Website: rapidapi.com
- Company Address: San Francisco
About RapidAPIRapidAPI is the world’s largest API marketplace where over half a million developers find and connect to thousands of public APIs. Rapid API allows developers to easily discover, evaluate, integrate with any API and reduce development cost and create a more stable, efficient, in addition to a scalable development process
RapidAPI is the world’s largest API Marketplace with two million developers and 20,000 APIs. Developers use RapidAPI to find, test and connect to APIs while API providers market, manage, and monetize their APIs. RapidAPI’s next-generation API platform - RapidAPI Enterprise Hub - is used by dozens of Fortune 500 Companies to enable digital transformation initiatives. With RapidAPI Enterprise Hub, businesses can accelerate innovation, bring software to market faster, and successfully implement their API strategy.
A global company with offices in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, and Tallinn, RapidAPI has raised over $62.5M from Microsoft Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and other investors.
We are looking for an exceptional Director of Design to lead and grow our design team that is responsible for design across all functions. RapidAPI’s design and UX are among the top reasons that developers love our platform.
- Define the design principles and ensure that these are reflected in your team’s work
- Create a comprehensive design process with measurable metrics that achieves high quality while driving market innovation
- Partner within the design and with the product, engineering, and marketing from conception through delivery
- Mentor, manage and hire design leaders, and build a culture of excellence within the department
- Be strategic as well as hands-on and drive business impact
- Make design a strategic differentiator for RapidAP
- 7+ years of design leadership and management
- Experience managing design leaders and scaling design teams
- Deep knowledge of testing, measuring, and refining designs based on user feedback and market data
- Expertise in building design systems, crafting visual and interaction designs
- Designed developer tools and are comfortable with HTML/CSS
- Comfortable with responsive design, can design across different mediums, and define brand design guidelines