- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Cloud Infrastructure
- Post Date: 02/19/2021
- Website: rapidapi.com
- Company Address: San Francisco
About RapidAPIRapidAPI is the world’s largest API marketplace where over half a million developers find and connect to thousands of public APIs. Rapid API allows developers to easily discover, evaluate, integrate with any API and reduce development cost and create a more stable, efficient, in addition to a scalable development process
RapidAPI is the world's largest API hub, where 1.5 million developers find and connect to thousands of public APIs. Our mission is to make it easier for developers to create transformative applications by allowing them to easily and seamlessly integrate APIs in their development. We are a team of developers building for developers.
We are a global company, with 80 team members spread between Tel Aviv, San Francisco and Tallinn. Founded in 2016, RapidAPI has raised over $62.5M from investors including Microsoft, a16z, and Grove. We serve some of the largest companies in the world, including Apple, Micheline, Cisco, Rakuten, eBay, Hyatt, Airbnb, and many others.
Our engineering organization is built as squads – individual teams with full ownership over a product.
One of those is the Billing and Analytics squad – a group responsible for both any money transactions between our customers (and their customers) and the company’s Big Data infrastructure and data-related products, processing hundreds of thousands of events per minute, heading towards millions.
We're looking for a highly-motivated and talented Data Engineer to join us in a challenging, innovative, and fast-paced environment, tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them, investigate, implement, and share new technologies and ideas.
This role is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high scale startup company and to push our software development cycles to the next level with your innovative solutions and out of the box thinking.
As a Data Engineer at RapidAPI, you will:
- Work as a part of a team, developing applications and services consumed by more than a million developers worldwide
- Be responsible for building, maintaining, and improving RapidAPI’s frontend and backend systems, using Agile development methods.
- Contribute features to a complex product built in a distributed Microservices environment
- Transition our data platform to the Kafka ecosystem.
- Optimize and scale-out our data pipelines to reach near real-time performance while processing millions of requests per minute
- Set up our new Data lake / Data Warehouse, a new Tracing system, and a new BI system.
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure
- Develop solutions for developers, with a strong emphasis on performance and quality
- Drive the delivery quality systems utilizing Unit Testing, TDD, and performance testing
- 7-10 years of experience as a backend/data engineer
- Hands-on experience with setting up data pipelines in high scale
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems
- Experience in at least two programming languages
- At least 2 years of experience in Node.JS - advantage
- Experience with at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Kafka or similar streaming platforms
- Ability to deliver a feature from end to end
- Experienced with SQL and NoSQL databases (ElasticSearch, Redis, ScyllaDB, Redshift, etc)