- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Cloud Infrastructure
- Post Date: 02/19/2021
- Website: rapidapi.com
- Company Address: San Francisco
About RapidAPIRapidAPI is the world’s largest API marketplace where over half a million developers find and connect to thousands of public APIs. Rapid API allows developers to easily discover, evaluate, integrate with any API and reduce development cost and create a more stable, efficient, in addition to a scalable development process
RapidAPI is the world’s largest API Marketplace serving the fastest-growing community of developers, currently over one million strong and still growing, by helping them discover, connect to, and manage over 20,000 APIs. RapidAPI also has an enterprise platform - the RapidAPI Enterprise Hub - which companies use as a central repository for all of their engineering teams to manage, share, and collaborate on their APIs and Microservices. The RapidAPI Enterprise Hub is used by dozens of Fortune 500 Companies, tying into their critical integration and digital transformation initiatives.
During these challenging times, RapidAPI is continuing to grow our company and support enterprises in their accelerated transition to digital channels and helping them to speed up their development efforts to meet shifting consumer demands. Since the beginning of the year, we have doubled our US team and plan on maintaining this growth rate. Although we have adjusted the way we work, we continue to push the boundaries of the API development landscape with new initiatives to reimagine how teams collaborate and work to grow and refine their businesses.
Founded in 2015 and has since raised $62.5M from investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Microsoft Ventures, and Grove Ventures. It has offices in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, with a satellite presence in New York, Tokyo, and Estonia.
RapidAPI is building a tight-knit, high performing group of problem solvers to transform how companies manage, develop, and monetize their APIs.
As our Customer Education lead, you will design and implement programs that will help customers gain maximum value from the RapidAPI platform at scale. Your initiatives will touch every aspect of the customer journey and have a significant impact on customer engagement, adoption, and retention while maximizing the productivity of our existing customer success and support teams.
The ideal candidate has an innate product curiosity, is excited to build from scratch, and has broad experience in technical documentation, customer training, and enterprise software. To be successful, you will need to combine customer communication, project management know-how, and technical knowledge to drive the successful delivery of our Marketplace. We are looking for a multi-disciplined individual who has delivery and technical knowledge with the drive to take ownership of delivery and the finesse to handle complex customer needs with poise.
- Build and create a training and education strategy that enables our customers to ramp quickly and realize value from our product
- Design, develop, and build product training materials, including written documentation, articles, diagrams, guide, and video tutorials to help users accomplish their goals
- Identify on-going training needs for addressing customer support inquiries
- Define and drive metrics for adoption and efficacy of technical documentation and training
- Partner with internal teams (Support, Customer Success, Sales, Product) to align on adoption strategies, define priorities, drive business outcomes, and communicate the long-term plan and ongoing progress
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software, with at least 3 years of experience in a Training or Education role, preferably at a high-growth SaaS company
- Experience creating instructional and certification documentation for a B2B software company
- Passion about building a Customer Education function from scratch
- Knowledge in agile, product management, and design methodologies is preferred
- Excellent commercial communication skills (written, oral, and presentation) with a keen ability to develop relationships, optimize customer engagement, and evangelize products
- Comfortable with autonomy and ambiguity that comes with small, fast-moving startups
- Comfortable with APIs and knowledgeable about the various types (Rest, SOAP), authentications patterns, different Gateways, and can speak intelligently about them
- Technical familiarity with APIs and software engineering tools
- Skilled at multitasking, can juggle competing priorities while making sound business decisions based on goals and objectives.